Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shiyang Song
If you could change one important thing about your country, what would you change?
If I could change one important thing about China, I would change the education system, because it has many flaws.
First, in China, every student has to work hard to earn a good grades. So, teachers give us a lot of homework to do, this means students don’t have any other time to do anything they that we are interested in. If they have free time, we would not study, they would only want to play, because they have to study so much every day. For example, my friends in China now are very busy. Here is a schedule for the summer vacation of one of my friends in China. She gets up at 6a.m. and arrives at school at 8 a.m. to study until 1 p.m. She will have lunch on the bus as she heads to another school for her Math class. She will finish her studies after 10 p.m. I don’t think hard work is a bad thing someone likes to study these things, but actually, every student in China has to do this. This is because students want to go to a good high school or a good college.
In different areas of China, schools are different. In big cities, education is better than the small cities. All students what to go to a good school: with good teachers, good classes and good colleagues. So the next thing I want to do is to make the education resources equal across all areas in China.
Another thing I would change is to allow students to choose classes which suit them. All students have the same classes in the same grade. Some students are much better than the class, and some students don’t understand what teachers are saying. So I think Chinese schools should provide more levels in every subject for students. This way, students could take a class appropriate for his or her level.
Finally, I think Chinese students should have more chances to work outside of school. Chinese students can’t work until they are 18 years old. I think work is also a good way to learn. So, I would let them work at a younger age.
I think most Chinese students want to change the education system as much as I do. Perhaps someone will pay attention to these flaws and change them in the future.
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home