Friday, July 8, 2011

Tell how to discipline an unruly child

Shiyang Song
Tell how to discipline an unruly child
I think there are many ways to discipline an unruly child. You could, for example be very stern to make him feel afraid of you so that he will obey you or you could also be very gentle in order to encourage him to become a good child. Actually I think the best way to discipline a child is to use both methods: to be stern first and then to be gentle. Why do I say that?
First, unruly children are very sly. If you are too soft at first, they will think you will never be stern with them. They will be more unruly. That’s why we need to be strict with them at first. This will make them know that they aren’t the center of the universe. People don’t always have to be so kind to them. So, if the unruly child wants other people to treat them well, then they have to be a kind person to other people first. Little babies don’t know anything when they are first born. Adults should teach him what to do and how to do everything. If you always think they are only little babies, and that they don’t know anything, then they will have good principles when they grow up. But you don’t teach them. So how can he know it? I think most unruly children are unruly because of their parents’ mistakes of not teach in their children well.
 After the unruly child knows I will not give in to him, I will be then gentle. I will explain what is my understanding of being gentle is first. In my opinion, to be gentle to unruly children is not to do everything they like, but to be a person who is often consistent with reason. Then, the child will know what is right and what is wrong. As I say, I will be a reasonable person often, because there are times that children must obey adults even if they don’t do anything wrong. That’s why children need guidance from their guardians. Guardians should teach children the truth, but sometimes, they are the rule for children, because they need to be responsible for their children. That’s the way to be kind to an unruly child. I also think this will help a child grows up from being a baby. He will know how to get along with other people, and then he will not be an unruly child.
This is what I think to discipline an unruly child. Actually, I haven’t ever taken care of a child before, but I think the person that disciplines him will influence him deeply. It may determine what kind of person the child will be in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home