Thursday, July 7, 2011

My opinions about the use of cell phones in the classroom or in school.

Shiyang Song
My  opinions about the use of cell phones in the classroom or in school.
I don’t think we need to use cell phones in school. First, it’s not necessary. On my cell phone, I have most of the phone numbers of my friends’ at my school. If you want to find your friends, most of them are in school, and you can just go to find them. The rest of the phone numbers of mine are from my family. I think I don’t need to talk to them during the school day, I can talk to them in my home. If you really need to use cell phone, you can use it outside of the school during your free times.
Also, why do students want to use cell phones? In my opnion, students are used to using their cell phones to play games but don’t use them to call someone. I don’t think it’s bad to play games on you cell phone, but it’s bad to play them in the school. School is a place for study, not a place to play. You can play games after school if you want. For example, I used to talk to my friends online on my cell phone in class with my classmates when I was in grade 9. I didn’t listen my teachers in class. Then my grades went down. Then I knew that I couldn’t use the cell phone while I was having a class. So I tried to listen carefully in the class, but I found that I didn’t understand what teachers were saying! Luckily, I studied hard and did a good job finally, that is because I spent more time studying. So if you work hard in class, you will have more time to play. Why not study hard in school, and then you can play at home.
Finally, it will influence other students to study. For example, if a person next to you is using a cell phone in the class, will you use it, too? Almost everyone will. So, don’t use it even if others use it. You also can’t use it at Brookline High School when you have free time. Although you have free time, other students will not necessarily have free time. If you talk loudly, they will also divert their attention. If you don’t want to be harmful to other students’ studies, you will not use it.
Therefore, I think we shouldn’t use cell phones in school. It could damage your school grades if you are wasting your minute using your cell phone instead of using your time wisely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home