Monday, July 25, 2011

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community.

Shiyang Song
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community.
I will oppose the company to build the large factory, because I think that a big factory has more disadvantages than advantages. I think factories should be built in the industrial neighborhoods.
I think noise is the most important reason for me oppose to building the factory. I don’t know how American factories work, but in China, factories sometimes work in the afternoon. When I come back home after a day’s study, I’m very tired, I don’t want to hear a lot of noise. I need to do my homework and review, a lot of noise also will affect me. For example, a subway was built in front of my house three years ago. It was very noisy. Sometimes, they worked when I wanted to sleep, so I couldn’t sleep. Sometimes, it also ran on weekends. I couldn’t stay home and study. Luckily, a month later, they didn’t work when people were home. I was happy about it. From that incident on, I hate building buildings near my house. There are also many machines in a factory, so when it runs, it would also affect my daily life. Sometimes, factories run at night, because electricity is cheaper at night. I couldn’t image what would happen to me if the factory ran at night, I think I would be sleepless.
Another reason that I wouldn’t want a factory built near my house is because of pollution. There will be more dirt on the road. Maybe, if I open the window in the morning, I would need to clean everything when I come back. The air would be dirty, too. It would make me feel bad. It would be hotter than other area in the city.
I can’t deny that there would be some benefit if there was a big factory near my house. I think the traffic would be better, because I don’t think every worker in the factory could drive to work. I’m not happy about the traffic near my house. It’s not convenient. A big factory might improve it. The community will be more prosperous. There might be more restaurants near my house for workers for lunch. Then, I hope there will be more shops. This would be good.
Although it would make my community more prosperous, I think the disadvantages are more important. Thus, I wouldn’t want a factory near my community. I think it’s a bad idea to build factories near residential neighborhoods. I have never heard of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home