Monday, August 1, 2011

Some people trust their first impressions about a person's character because they believe these judgments are generally correct. Other people do not judge a person's character quickly because they believe first impressions are often wrong.

Shiyang Song
Some people trust their first impressions about a person's character because they believe these judgments are generally correct. Other people do not judge a person's character quickly because they believe first impressions are often wrong.
I don’t think that first impressions about a person could let you know their character. It’s too arbitrary.
When you meet a person who dressed very stylishly for the first time, you might think that he or she is very fashionable, often, this kind of people is very vivacious and active in school. Maybe, they are not good at study. However, sometimes it’s wrong. This person might be very shy and studious.
Therefore, how do we know that the first impressions are not correct, sometimes. We can’t think about their character when we first see them, because you will never know how does a person looks like if you don’t get along with this person. I have a friend. She is a very nice person. When I saw her for the first time, I incurring disliked her. I thought she was too noisy and she wasn’t a beautiful person. I thought that I would never be friends with her. However, I finally became her best friend, because she helped me when I was in a big trouble. She helps everyone that needs help, so everybody in my class likes her because of her good character.
A person doesn’t have just one kind of character. People are different when they are in different situations. For instance, I think my Chinese teacher is a very stern teacher because she always gives us a lot of homework and rarely smiles. I changed my opinion when I visited her after graduation. She looked very different to me. She smiles and talked with me in a very cordial manners. I can’t believe it! Then, I know that it was because I wasn’t her student anymore, so she doesn’t need to be angry with me to let me study hard. I can’t know a person’s character even after treating with her for four years, how can I know it when I first meet them?
For these reasons, I think we can’t decide a person’s character by our first impressions, it’s unfair for them. You might miss a lot of friends if you judge them how to treat with a person by your first impressions. It’s so sad, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home